Run your synths and percussive sounds through this (or your guitar if you play one)
Overloud’s TH-U RockGuy Pack is a software emulation of the Rockman Sustainor* and its Chorus/Delay unit. This preamp delivered the distinctive guitar tones of many 80s and 90s bands like Def Leppard, Boston, and Kiss, as well as artists like Joe Satriani. This new product is now available from ILIO and its dealer network.
The pack includes the following models:
– The RockGuy Sustain preamp unit
– The RockGuy Chorus/Delay unit
– Seven pedal and rack effects (see the full list below)
– 26 patches recreating the guitar tone of the most iconic artists using this processor
TH-U RockGuy is both a TH-U expansion pack and a stand-alone plug-in, meaning that it can expand the model list of an existing TH-U installation or be purchased as a self-contained pack that includes all of the TH-U editing features, including the Rig Player, the Amp Tweaks, the Tuner and the Looper, with no need to have a pre-existing TH-U license.
The RockGuy Sustain combines a dynamic processor with a distortion unit and a cabinet simulator to deliver a unique tone, which cannot be obtained by any other guitar amplifier.
It offers four different voicings and three modifier switches:
– CLEAN 2 has a very bright tone, perfect for rhythmic parts
– CLEAN has a tighter high end and more presence on the mids
– EDGE is a crunch sound with harmonically rich rhythm tones
– DIST is similar to Edge with more gain
The Chorus/Delay unit combines an analog modulator with a bucket brigade delay unit delivering a very distinctive tone. Unlike the real unit where you can use only one effect at a time, in the RockGuy emulation it is possible to enable both the Chorus and the Delay effects in parallel. The stereo widening switches let you create very open tones while keeping the analog vibe of this unit.
It also includes a parametric EQ, a rack compressor, and five pedals: tremolo, chorus, reverb, delay, and overdrive.