Spitfire Audio announces the availability of Originals Wurli – a rendition of the legendary electronic piano.
Presented with four separate presets — Classic, Funky, Mellow, and Stabs — Wurli allows you to adjust Attack and Release controls to create pads and unique tones, and, in the classic keyboard section of the library, Tremolo Rate and Depth controls offer the ability to curate the perfect sound for your compositions.
Not only a pillar of RnB classics from Ray Charles to Donny Hathaway, this instrument found its way onto countless hits of the 70s and 80s with Elton John, Richard Carpenter, Edward Van Halen, and famously on Supertramp’s Dreamer. Explore the classic sound reimagined.
- Four distinct presets utilizing different signals for a variety of moods
- The Classic preset uses the physical speaker output of the keyboard
- Mellow includes a post-produced pad signal created using granular synthesis.
- Funky has a crunchy overdrive signal, processed via a digital FX chain
- The Stabs preset makes use of a shorter sample length, useful for more percussive sequences and backing vamping sections
- The Tremolo control recreates a classic vibrato sound
- Performed by session giant Sean Hargreaves
- Recorded by in-demand engineer Simon Changer
- Classic — A standard representation of the Wurli keyboard
- Mellow — A combination of the direct input and amp with the pad signal, for a soft and warm sound
- Funky — A combination of the direct input and amp with the overdrive signal, useful in jazz and funk styles
- Stabs — Makes use of shorter recorded sample lengths, useful for more percussive and rhythmic passages
- Direct – The direct input from the Wurli, for a clear representation of the keyboard
- Amp – The keyboard amplified through an Ampeg B-15 amplifier
- Speaker – The speaker output of the Wurli
- Pads – The sample is time-stretched and passed through an FX chain, to create an atmospheric and ambient texture
- Drive – The samples are overdriven to create a crunchy and fuzzy sound
- Reverb – Controls the amount of reverb
- Attack – Controls the attack of the ADSR envelope
- Release – Controls the release of the ADSR envelope
- Tremolo: Rate – Controls the speed of the tremolo, measured in Hz
- Tremolo: Depth – Controls the size of the amplitude modulation, measured as intensity in percentage
ORIGINALS WURLI is available as an AAX-, AU-, VST2-, and VST3-compatible plug-in supporting Native Instruments’ NKS (NATIVE KONTROL STANDARD®) for Mac (OS X 10.13 – macOS 12) and Windows (7, 8, 10, and II — latest Service Pack) that loads directly into any compatible DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) for an RRP of only £29.00 GBP (inc. VAT)/$29.00 USD/€29.00 EUR (inc. VAT) — from HERE.