New SSL EV2 Channel Plugin From Waves Audio
Authorized by Solid State Logic, the Waves SSL EV2 Channel plugin is a brand-new recreation of the legendary SSL 4000E console channel strip.
With new features, including the original SSL “O2” Brown EQ and the console’s richly saturated mic pre and line inputs, SSL EV2 Channel delivers a new level of analog depth and detail – an elevated take on the timeless SSL sound.
Recreated from the ground up using Waves’ new Precision Analog Component® technology, the Waves SSL EV2 Channel has been modeled component-by-component from a meticulously maintained reference console, carefully selected by Solid State Logic.
Alongside the classic dynamics and EQ controls, the SSL EV2 Channel plugin introduces versatile new features. You can now switch between two iconic SSL EQ flavors: the Black Knob (242), delivering the SSL’s famous clean punch; and the original Brown Knob (O2) – the first EQ developed for SSL E-Series consoles – which delivers a crunchy, gritty sound rich with character.
The newly modeled Line and Mic preamp input section gives you rich harmonic distortion options, from gentle saturation to an aggressive drive. You can engage THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) with the Analog switch – a key element in recreating the saturated analog console sound – or you can turn Analog off for a clean input.
The Dynamics section includes a soft-knee compressor/limiter and a gate/expander. You can place it before or after the EQ in your chain for more creativity and precision. As in the original hardware, makeup gain is applied automatically.
- Brand new modeling of the classic SSL 4000E console channel strip
- Authorized by Solid State Logic
- New level of analog depth, richness and detail
- New: Switch between the iconic Brown (O2) and Black (242) EQ knobs
- New mic pre/line section for rich harmonic saturation, with Analog THD
- Place Dynamics before or after EQ for more creativity and control
- Over 600 presets by GRAMMY®-winning producers and mixers: Jacquire King, Stuart White, Joe Barresi, Dave Pensado, Lu Diaz, many more
The Waves SSL EV2 is available separately and also as part of the Waves SSL 4000 Collection and Waves Studio Classics Collection.