Did you know that Chinese orchestras can be bigger in scale than Western symphony orchestras?
China Ensemble is a “modernized traditional Chinese orchestra,” and Sound Magic informs us that these ensembles can be “bigger in scale” than full symphony orchestras. Seeing a hole in the market for a sampled Chinese ensemble with the depth and detail they deserved – as well as a library that includes the instruments found in different parts of China – the developer set out to produce one.
The project took 12 years. And we quote: “Thousands of players, hundreds of recording sessions, hundreds of people who work in front of the computers and million-dollar bills/costs consisted of the major memory of this remarkable project.”
China Ensemble uses Sound Magic’s Neo Orchestra Engine, which is where “hybrid modeling” comes in. This engine uses “Modeling Legato technology,” as well as “Music Domain Synthesis” on some instruments. The ensemble can be configured in four different settings.
Features (from their site):
• Over 6,310,000 samples, 11 TB uncompressed content
• Modeled Vibrato, Legato, Tremolo, Glide, and Glissando
• Multi Velocity layers samples
• Round Robin on most techniques
• Up to 4 Microphone Perspectives
• Innovative Performance Key Switch system
• Embodied high-quality reverb and EQ
• Comprehensive Envelope system
• Scala Tuning System can emulate different tuning systems
• DFD/RAM system enables users to relocate resources and ensure the best performance under every individual project
• Different GUI mode for standard resolution and 4K resolution
Price: $499, slated to go up to $999 in three months (January 22, 2022).
Click here for Sound Magic’s product page