In This Issue
iZotope Releases RX 9 and RX Post Production Suite 6
Latest update revamps favorite modules with new tech to address emerging audio capture and production issues.
iZotope Inc. has released RX 9, the latest update to the industry-standard tool for audio repair and enhancement, and incorporated it into version 6 of the RX Post Production Suite. The update includes major improvements to some of the most popular RX modules used in audio post-production.
Designed specifically for the demanding needs of post-production professionals, RX 9 Advanced allows for full control over your audio with even further updates. The new version of Dialogue Isolate makes it easier than ever to extract clean dialogue from its environment, without artifacts, while the new Complex mode in Ambience Match seamlessly connects dialogue and ADR cuts with real background movement and textures—all with multichannel support up to Dolby Atmos 7.1.2.
What’s New in RX 9:
- Enhanced separation with Dialogue Isolate [Advanced only]: Using iZotope machine learning, this new version of Dialogue Isolate makes it easier than ever to extract clean dialogue from its environment, without artifacts. Instantly separate speech from crowds, traffic, footsteps, weather, and more.
- Complex Ambience Match [Advanced Only]: Now you can seamlessly connect dialogue and ADR cuts with real background movement and textures with the new Complex mode in Ambience Match. Quickly match ambiences never before possible: ocean, wind, traffic, crowds, and more!
- Dynamic De-hum: Use the new Dynamic Mode in RX 9’s De-Hum to instantly remove any amount of hum, wireless ring, or interference, without artifacts or affecting the audio quality. In one pass, eliminate radio and transmitter interference, camera and generator hum, and more.
- Restore Selection: Roll back an audio selection to any previous step in your History list to get the best combination of audio processing from any point in time.
- Expandable History list: Now view up to 30 steps of undo history for quick reference.
- Spectral Editor: Clean up unwanted sounds directly in Logic® using the new Spectral Editor, built on the ARA plug-in extension. Select noise and remove it without having to toggle between Logic and RX.