United Plugins announces Plamen from SounDevice Digital — designed to bring unparalleled warmth, richness, and creative possibilities.
Plamen is a powerful plug-in providing audio engineers, producers, and musicians with an ability to apply targeted saturation across multiple frequency bands, enabling precise tonal shaping, frequency balance, and sonic enhancement.
Five-band tonal balance – Because different audio frequency bands can have varying energy levels, applying saturation across the entire spectrum can lead to an imbalanced sound. SounDevice Digital’s Plamen addresses this by allowing users to selectively add warmth and harmonics to five adjustable frequency bands — BAND 1 through to BAND 5 — in different parallel levels, thereby achieving a more balanced and pleasing tonal character. Creatively, it offers a diverse range of five distinct saturation types for each band, allowing users to choose the perfect color and character to suit their audio. As such, each band can use three classic analog pre-amp types — namely, BRITISH, AMERICAN, and GERMAN, as well as a simulation of tape saturation (MAGNETIC) or clipping (CLIP), itself a style of saturation (or distortion) characteristic of many beloved types of AD-driven input.
- Selectively adds warmth and harmonics to five adjustable frequency bands in different parallel levels
- A diverse range of five distinct saturation types for each band allows users to choose the perfect color and character to suit their audio
- Four flexible crossover points ensure enough control over frequencies being saturated
- 2x, 4x, and 8x OVERSAMPLING options ensure maximum precision and pristine audio quality
- Overall TAPE WOW effect represents a relatively slow form of flutter (pitch variation) familiar to vintage tape recorders
- Carefully crafted presets by award-winning audio professionals