They call this Kontakt instrument an “earth-shattering synth for extraordinary and dark bass sound”
Synth and Software contributor Kays Alatrakchi liked Elysion from the same developer a lot, and now they have a new library that uses the same engine, only “hijacked, augmented, and vaporized.”
Okay, we’ll just let them describe it:
A journey into the future of sound turned dark and gritty fast. In Best Service – Dark Horizon, by Sonuscore, Elysion’s famous ensemble engine has been hijacked, augmented, and vaporized. With the drifting cosmic remains, Dark Horizon molds the future into a dystopian atmosphere of massive basses, cosmic arps, and drifting pads. Turn simple chords into unreal, nightmarish space-scapes, while moving the mod-wheel bends time and transports you into the dark, disparate corners of eldritch furies.
• Experience the diversity of 80 instantly playable, bass-heavy instruments.
• Experience the infinite depth of over 1.2GB of sample content.
• Experience the flexibility of 180 complex animated and fully customizable themes.
Dark Horizon is an earth-shattering bass-heavy synth built using synthesizers and a variety of sounds bent and warped into fascinating soundscapes and powerful low ends. For ambient, modern electronic, and experimental music, Dark Horizon can bring a new power into your work with its library of grinds and grooves. For scoring and blockbusters, these sounds make for perfect tension-building underscore.
As the deep underbelly of the Elysion series, Dark Horizon is a powerful Kontakt instrument that resynthesizes orchestral sounds and sound FX along with a great variety of rare analog synths and FX boxes. The resulting instruments are mind-crushing sounds, gut-wrenching themes, rhythmic arps, whirling pads, and a set of effects to push them even further beyond the imagination.
Powerful Features – Supernatural Workflow
Dark Horizon features the critically acclaimed ensemble technology, empowering you to create complex sounds by playing simple chords.
• Modified Ensemble Engine – Dark Horizon uses a modified version of the Elysion ensemble engine. This means you can play up to four different instrument modules at the same time, and each module allows independent controls for arpeggiators. Using the mod-wheel unlocks an astounding filter effect that produces a great number of kinetic, digital possibilities.
• Motion Engine – Dark Horizon comes with its own unique dynamic FX engine. It allows the fundamental customization of the instruments, e.g. steering attack or decay via Midi CC. Besides other FX the Motion Engine includes also two Pan Steppers, breathing live and variation into every pattern in no time.
Dark Horizon Key Features
• Earth-shattering bass-heavy synth for extraordinary and dark bass sound.
• Designed by renown sound designer Tobias Menguser.
• Built from the same engine as Elysion with a modified Ensemble Engine, the Motion Engine, and the Pan Engine.
• Familiar and intuitive user interface known from Elysion and The Orchestra.
• 180 complex animated and fully customizable themes, featuring up to 4 fully controllable instruments.
• 80 instantly playable bass-heavy instruments.
• 765 individual samples. All carefully recorded, sampled, and handcrafted.
• MIDI-Export: Unleash the power of the ensemble engine onto your personal template. Dark Horizon is available now as a download for €/$ 99.
Registered users of “Elysion”, “The Orchestra Essentials”, “The Orchestra”, “Strings of Winter”, “Horns of Hell” or “The Orchestra Complete” can get a Crossgrade for €/$ 79.