Waves Kaleidoscopes is a super-suite of inspiring Phaser, Flanger, Chorus
and Tremolo sounds, crafted from the best analog modulation studio classics.
The plugin’s unique Dual Cascade engines enable you to combine or “cascade” any two effects for magical textures. The plugin also features intelligent triggers that respond dynamically to your playing in
Kaleidoscopes is the cumulative result of over half a century of recorded music. Waves
Furthermore, Kaleidoscopes’ Dual Cascade architecture gives you two FX engines, which you can “cascade” serially into one another for unique effects or, alternatively, run in parallel for super-wide soundscapes.
On each of the two engines, you can choose a selection of waveshapes or any sidechain signal from your DAW session to be the modulation input. You can even select your performance as the input, allowing your live playing to control the sound in real time and drive the pulsing of the effect.
You can control the Speed, Resonance, Width and Depth of the modulation, plus filter settings and mix knobs for extreme versatility. You can also choose from five different effect “characters” for different analog flavors, and tempo-sync the modulation effect to your DAW session to keep things consistent every time you re-open your song.
For example, imagine a chorus being fed into a tremolo, modulated by an external input signal. Or try a randomly modulated slow flanger running in parallel with an aggressive tempo-synced phaser. Let Kaleidoscopes’ effects dance with each other, and you’ll hear sounds refract into surprising colors and shapes.
Since Waves built this plugin for musicians, producers and engineers, there is an added THRU mode for that much-loved stompbox sound, with the dry signal on one channel and the wet signal on the other.
With its innovative Trigger section, Waves’ Kaleidoscopes plugin becomes an extension of your playing. By setting input-sensitive envelopes and adjusting intelligent triggers, you enable the two effects to “listen” to your playing and respond dynamically, expressing nuances of emotion and feel. With this section activated, Kaleidoscopes becomes a personalized musical instrument, modifying its character in real time based on how intensely or lightly, fast or slow you sing or play.
- Phaser, Flanger, Chorus & Tremolo super-suite
- Best-of palette of analog modulation sounds based on studio classics
- Secret weapon to make drums, vocals, synths and guitars move and breathe
- Unique Dual Cascade architecture: “cascade” any two effects in series or run them in parallel for deeper soundscapes
- Intelligent Triggering responds dynamically to your playing in real time
- Selectable modulation sources: input, sidechain & diverse waveshapes
- Speed, Resonance, Width, Depth & Mix controls per modulation engine
- Five different effect characters for diverse analog flavors
- THRU mode for the musician-favorite ‘Wet/Dry’ rig effect
For more information, visit https://www.waves.com/plugins/kaleidoscopes.