SynthMaster One goes Universal on iOS, separate iPhone only app released as well ($1.99 intro price)
KV331 Audio has announced a new major v1.3 update for their SynthMaster One iOS wavetable synth app. With this update, the app now goes universal running on iPad and iPhone devices as standalone and also as an AUv3 extension. There are also other major new features: New factory presets, In-App Shop, New scales, Cross-platform cloud based data synchronization, New envelope types, Improved micro tuning, Real-time visual feedback for modulation sources&targets, Files app integration and MIDI Bank/Program change support.KV331 Audio will be showcasing SynthMaster iOS and their entire product line at NAMM 2020 booth #10307.
New Features in v1.3
- Universal App: SynthMaster One is now a universal app, running on iPhone 7 and above both as a standalone app and AUv3 synth. The iPhone version runs at native resolutions on iPhone 7/8, 7Plus/8Plus, X and XR/11.
- iPhone only App: KV331 Audio released a separate iPhone only version of SynthMaster One (SynthMaster One iPhone) as well. The app can be purchased at the intro price of $1.99 on the Apple AppStore. The intro price will be valid through January ($4.99 afterwards). The iPhone only app comes with 300 factory presets and has 8 voices polyphony.
- New Factory Presets: SynthMaster One now comes with 650 factory presets. We’ve added new sounds from Kurt Ader, Brian Transeau (BT), Luke Neptune, Electronisounds, Fragment Audio and Mirko Ruta.
- In-App Shop: With the introduction of the IAP store, users can now purchase additional sound banks. Our first IAP is “Desktop Presets Upgrade”, which increases the total number of factory presets to 1250.
- Cloud Based Cross-Platform Data Synchronization: Users can synchronize their SynthMaster One related data (presets, scales, waveforms, favorite presets) across multiple platforms (Windows, MacOS, iPad and iPhone).
- Public User Library: With the introduction of cloud based features, users can share their presets with other SynthMaster One users, by simply uploading them to our Public User Library.
- New Scales: SynthMaster One now includes 350 scales, ranging from 5 note equal tempered to 12 note alternate tunings.
- Real-time visual feedback for modulations: Modulation sources and targets now display real-time modulation information when the synth receives MIDI messages.
- Improved Micro tuning: Users can now set the keyboard mapping of the current scale to either “Fill Octave” or “Consecutive”. The piano display highlights the notes of the scale. Under settings tab, the scale root note and A4 reference frequency can be set.
- Files App Integration: Users can easily import/export SynthMaster One presets, waveforms and scales using the file browser UI.
- MIDI Banks and Programs: SynthMaster One now supports MIDI Bank Change and Program Change messages to change presets. Users can easily create MIDI banks by assigning multiple presets to a MIDI Bank or by dragging a preset onto the MIDI programs list.
- New Waveforms/Wavetables: SynthMaster One includes all of the waveforms/wavetables that come with the desktop version.
- New Envelope Types: SynthMaster One now has 3 new envelope types: Digital, Profat and Oobee. Digital is the default algorithm in SynthMaster, whereas Profat and Oobee are new algorithms modelled after two well-known analog synthesizers.
Availability: SynthMaster One iOS can be purchased on Apple AppStore for $14.99 through January ($19.99 afterwards).